Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with these formulas. @Misbah 1. Beginning Inventory = IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Week of Timescale?' THEN 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory ELSE PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory)
2. Submit Purchase Order Request= OFFSET(PO Submitted, Shipping Time Weeks, 1) = 1
3. PO Submitted = IF Submit Purchase Order Request THEN 1 ELSE 0
4. Confirmed PO Delivery= IF PO Submitted > 0 THEN OFFSET(PO Submitted, Final Shipping Time Weeks, -1) ELSE 0
5. Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt= IF Confirmed PO Delivery > 0 THEN OFFSET(Final Shipment Amount, -Final Shipping Time Weeks, 0) ELSE 0
6.Shipping Time Weeks= 'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Weeks)'[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product]
It is really important that you understand what the requirement is and what the formulae are doing. We will surely help to sail you through and guide you if there are any technical questions.
1. Formula is correct but it is not as per best practices. Think how can you rewrite the same formula. For example I can rewrite "IF A then 1 else 2" statement with IF Not A then 2 else 1.(revisit the chapter in Level 2)
2. As far as I know this line item should not have any formulae, it should be left blank with boolean format.
3. Looks Correct
4. Looks Wrong. Explore the POST Functionality and see if you can replace OFFSET
5. Looks Wrong. Explore the POST Functionality and see if you can replace OFFSET
6. Check the dimensionality of your source module and see if you need more LOOKUPs.
You are absolutely right. If you are going sequentially then yes you will have to use OFFSET first. Later in the chapter/lesson you will be asked to replace OFFSET with POST. Intention here is to explain to you the use cases of POST.