Module Structure

Highlighted
Contributor

Module Structure

Hi - I have a hierarchy with two levels, say. Level 1(Parent) is Material Group and Level 2 is Material. In the material list, I have the code and the description(name). I need a dump from anaplan in excel or CSV in the format of "Material Code | Material Description(Name) | Material Group | <<Time Periods>> - each in a different column. But when I create a module with Material, I can't have the material group in a different column - it is showing up as levels. Also, how do I get the code and the description in a different column?

How can I create a module with this structure so I can download the same to CSV?

I basically need a way to let business input across time periods with three columns present like in a flat 2-dimensional table.

Thanks,

Regards - Guru

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Module Structure

Hi @GuruAP,

I usually follow this approach,

Step 1: Create line item, here in your case, code, Description and Material Group and Time

Capture2.JPG

Step 2. You can Pivot the Module, and check whether it fits your scenario.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Step 3: Click Data->Export and in your Labels column clear all the labels for your material list.

and Click Save Export Definition as True while exporting

Capture3.JPG

Finally your csv looks in this way

Capture4.JPG

You can change your line item, and check which is needed and which is not needed.

Sorna Raja Prabhu
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Module Structure

Hi @GuruAP 

You can achieve the desire result by creating two properties in the material list.

Screenshot_228.png

Now from the main module which is dimension by material only.Create one view & remove parent level from the view and save it.

Screenshot_229.png

Create an export by selecting" Tabular Multiple column"  and make sure you should select the Labels 

Screenshot_230.png

Screenshot_231.png

Now once you export in CSV then the beauty of this method is you don't have to mapped when you upload the same file it will automatically mapped.

Screenshot_233.png

Screenshot_232.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Akhtar