Return sum of forecast in a module with no time dimensions

Hi 

I want to return the sum of values for a line item for my forecasted months. The module I want the value to be returned in has no time dimensions. Originally was using a look up to look at a certain month but not sure how to do it for sum of multiple months. 

- I have created a module that has my time filters. 

- Used a formula to say IF Forecasted Weeks then return Line Item else 0 

The module I now want to show a rolled up a number for remaining year has no time dimensions.  This is the template using to feed data into my no versions module. 

Thanks 🙂

Best Answers

• DavidSmith
    Answer ✓

@hinamahmood1994 

Have a look at TIMESUM

https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Calculation_Functions/All/TIMESUM.html

This is specifically designed for this.

If your forecast weeks are from the current period onwards, it should be quite simple to set up

David

• DavidSmith
    Answer ✓

@hinamahmood1994 

Sure

You can do this using 2  Time settings modules

1. Set up a monthly Time Setting module and flag the forecast periods (in my example it is months) and then count those using a simple IF

2019-07-22_11-04-02.png

2. Create a Time Lookup Module (no dimensions) and create a line item to return the current year (from the current period).  the format is Time Period - Year.  you then use that to LOOKUP the year value from the Time Settings Module

2019-07-22_11-10-36.png

Future Periods formula = Time Settings.Number of Forecast Periods[LOOKUP: Current Year] - 1

you need the -1 because the next formula uses "additional periods to add"

3. Use the Time Sum formula using 0 and Future periods as parameters

2019-07-22_11-05-57.png

2019-07-22_11-06-18.png

I hope this sorts it for you

Time Settings and Time Lookup module are really powerful and avoid the hard coding nature we see in the field

David

Answers

• @DavidSmith 

That's worked! 

If i wanted to only show forecast data for 2019 how would I do that ? My forecast weeks roll up for 2 years. 

• I figured it out - needed to create a start week and end week where i select the weeks i want or need.

Thank you for your help 🙂