Highlighted
Previous Contributor

RE: Use line Item of a Module as Filters on a Dashboard

Hi Jaako, Very interested to see what you find!  If the boolean option does in fact require a dashboard refresh (which I agree with you would not be ideal), another option would be to have the filter run on a different formula.  So, instead of filtering the view on Industry Filter = TRUE, use a second Industry list-formatted line item called Use Industry, with a formula like this:
IF Industry = Filter Drivers.Industry THEN Industry ELSE BLANK
This might enable more real-time filtering than the boolean option, if you are in fact correct about the dashboard refresh.   Interested to hear your thoughts on this! -Chris Weiss
Highlighted
Certified Master Anaplanner

Hi, Made a quick test for this. Tried to attach screenshots but for some reason couldn't. The starting point was to have Territories module with industries selected for five territories and a industry filter boolean with formula. I selected industry 1 and refreshed the dashboard. I correctly saw territories 1 and 3 and industry filter with "true" values. After that I changed the filter driver value to industry 2. I supposed to see territories 2 and 5 but I still saw 1 and 3. The difference was that industry filter booleans changed to false. After I refreshed the dashboard, I could correctly see territories 2 and 5. Tried also the second method and it worked in the same way. The logic behind the filters is perfectly fine, Anaplan just won't refresh the dashboard objects (views) unless I refresh, pivot, etc. Glad to hear if this works in a better way for someone else! I'm afraid that this is how Anaplan works and perhaps should addressed in the future releases... Br, Jaakko
Highlighted
Previous Contributor

Hi Chriss and Jaakko,    First of all, many thanks for your answers and insights.    After testing the methods mentioned, I face also the same issue as Jaakko, meaning no automatic refresh and necessity to have it done manually.    Chriss, did you actually implement this way and tested it in a test model ?    I added an action button to my Dashboard for this but this was a bit disapointing for customers to have no automatic refresh. Thank you again and have a great day. Ahmed
Highlighted
Previous Contributor

Hi Ahmed and Jaako, Seems like the area where my scenario is failing is in the actual filtering, looks like the dashboard only evaluates the filter criteria on dashboard load/refresh, sorry for the confusion.  In past models where we've had something like this work truly real-time we focus on using the driver selections being used to modify existing data on the screen (applying different seasonality curves, for example).   There has to be a way to use the same approach to filter data, one way or another, definitely interested to see if we can figure something out here... -Chris Weiss
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: RE: Use line Item of a Module as Filters on a Dashboard

Hi Team,

I  have filterd on dashboard with on line item and added revision tag and moved production environment but the issue is am able to see that filter on dev environment and not able to see on production environment. Because of that issue am no able to see territories data on dashboard in productio environment.