Version serlection

Hi Experts,

Filter Module  Row axis      -Line Item Members- 1)Actual filter  2)Forecaste Filter  3)Budget Filter 4)Plan filter

Column Axis -Time -Future 4 years

Capture.PNG

1) Actual filter applies only for actuals Version only but inthe above screenshot it applies all versions.

IF Startperiod>Period(currentperiodstart()) AND ISACTUALVERSION() THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE.    The formula working fine for actual version only.

2)Forecaste applies to only only forecaste version.

IF Startperiod<Period(currentperiodstart()) AND VERSION (HOW DEFINE FORECAST VERSION ONLY) THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE

Plan Filter applies to only paln version    HOW DEFINE PLAN VERSION ONLY

Budget filter applies to only budget version.HOW DEFINE BUDGET VERSION ONLY

I Hope you understood the requirement.Please suggest me

Regards,

Uma

Best Answer

• @UMAMAHESH 

Uma,

A couple of things here:

• I believe you can simplify your formula by only using ISACTUALVERSION() formatted as a boolean.  You must remember, Current Period is defined from the Time Settings (in my reply to your previous post).
    • Which Version to display is deremined by the Switch Over date in Versions as well as if you are using Swicthover at the line item level.
      2019-02-01_12-32-29.png

2019-02-01_12-32-14.png

So, using the above parameters and creating a module Time by Version, the checks will render the actual data.

2019-02-01_12-37-08.png

The Version will still show Budget or Plan, but the data will be from the version Actual and will not be editable.

2019-02-01_12-43-41.png

Since Versions can be named anything, Anaplan doesn't have a function for IsBudgetVersion or IsPlanVersion.  With that said, you can use the Formula Scope in the blueprint to help writing formulas for All Versions (which is likely what you have specified since it is the default), Actual Version, All Versions except except Actual, as well as the Current Version (define in the Version Settings).

2019-02-01_12-40-31.png

If you would like to know which months are not Actual, you can use the following formula: NOT IsActualVersion()

2019-02-01_12-46-01.png

If you would like to know when the switchover date is for a certain version, you can figure it with this formula: 

IF NOT ISACTUALVERSION() AND ISBLANK(PREVIOUS(SwithOver Period)) THEN ITEM(Time) ELSE PREVIOUS(SwithOver Period)  which is formatted at Period - Month.

2019-02-01_12-59-40.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

Answers

• Hi Rob,

Thank you reply.

In my model Plan , Budget , Forecaste Versions   not using switch over.In Version Dimension switchover periods not maintained as per the requirement.

Is there any other solution without usion switchover period to read Forecaste, Budget , Plan Version.

Can you please suggest me how to read plan,Budget,Forecaste versions without using switchover.

Regards,

Uma

• @UMAMAHESH ,

If Switchover is turned off, both in the Version settings as well as the line items within the Module, then you can reference the data from another module and the data will appear for that version.

Hope this helps,

Rob

• HI Uma/Rob,

Why can't we use SELECT: VERSIONS.Actual,SELECT: VERSIONS.Forecast,SELECT: VERSIONS.Plan and SELECT: VERSIONS.Budget in your formula.

For ex IF Startperiod<Period(currentperiodstart()) AND SELECT: VERSIONS.Forecast THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Kavin.

• Remember, you should put the Startperiod<Period(currentperiodstart()) in a time settings only and also you don't need to write If xx then TRUE else FALSE.

you can then just write Time Settings.Forecast period? AND SELECT: VERSIONS.Forecast

David