Register

Modules or Actions Used in Dashboards for NUX

Modules or Actions Used in Dashboards for NUX

Currently we are able to see where a module or process is used on a Dashboard. We need to have a similar ability for the NUX which warns or stops you deleting an object if it is referenced on a Page or App.

17 Comments
andrewtye
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Surprised that it isn't. Great suggestion!

Miran
Community Manager

Status changed to: Your support is needed
Gwen.pryor
Regular Contributor

Status changed to: Under Investigation
maud_vermeulen
Frequent Contributor

agree completely

alexpavel
Certified Master Anaplanner

Totally agree. 

Currently, the App is quite a separate entity from the model and is nothing to indicate the relationships between modules and actions using as starting point the classic interface. 

CarolineJosefsson
Occasional Contributor

As above also have been mentioning it is crucial to see if a module or action is "Used in Dashboard" as this is not now filled in. And also if a Module are used in a action.

I would also like the possibility to have a "saved view - overview".

In the saved view overview I would like to see if all of the saved views in one place and see if they are used in a process/Export(Action) or in a dashborad. I would also prefer if I could change name or delete them from the same overview.

MarinaDunets
Contributor

I remember the time we didn't have the 'Used in Dashboards' column - then it was a challenge to clean-up the model from old modules/action and it took hours of dedicated work. Now we have this problem again - we all know how important to keep the model clean, but it's always a big risk to delete smth in use. Hope, this will be in roadmap in the nearest future. 

julia.sung

Please please add this functionality. We are currently transitioning over to the NUX and we have definitely run into this issue a few times where we wanted to update a module but weren't sure where it was being referenced in the NUX.

PhilippErkinger

Essential!

philip.austin
Group Leader - Employee

Yes, we all strive to apply best practices of making our solutions Performant and only have modules /line items that are Necessary (from PLANS).  As the team develops the solution sometimes a module is built but subsequently not used.  We want to review the model frequently and discard those modules/line items no longer used.  Given our models can be big, many modules and pages, it is not easy to see which are still used.  Of course we will apply ALM and test any deletions before deploying to prod, but we are really worried we will miss some page using a module.  This 'modules/actions used' visibility is really critical for us to follow PLANS and safely maintain our models.

FabianC

This would absolutely be a time saver! Go for it!!

Morten
New Contributor

Great idea!!

Joanne
Contributor

Keeping models clear of old actions and modules is a real challenge without this.

aaron_overfors

I agree, this functionality is needed and would be highly valuable. For an enterprise-scale deployment, having the ability to easily trace back to the base module is crucial.

MCarls02

This is absolutely needed.

bwallace@spauldingridge.com
Occasional Contributor

As someone who spends most of my time diagnosing issues in models and NUX pages, the ability to have traceability for modules being used in UX pages the same way we have it for model references and dashboards would made troubleshooting so much easier.   

x4uhaj
Occasional Contributor

This is sth we must-to-have, hope it will include in future releases soon!

New Solutions
Anaplan Platform
Jatendu
New Contributor
tonybol
Contributor
harishroshan
Contributor