Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process Questions

Re: Designating Sales Reps to Accounts Process Questions

Hi Chris,

Could please confirm whether the below calculation is correct or not?? Also, why the qtr balance is different?

CommunityMember111277_0-1597247226760.png

Thanks

AB

Certified Master Anaplanner

@ChrisMullen 

Similar issue, don't think my quarterly sales commission is correct.

Any tips on where I could be wrong will help.  ex. Q120 expected is 12,472 instead of 12,500.

Kudiarasu_0-1602242911155.png

Thanks

Kudi

New Contributor

The Employees+Details.txt does not contain Commission % or Attainment % or Max Account columns for employees. Where are we supposed to source this information? I see these could be potentially sourced through Role and Tenure via the QUO03 Quota Assumptions, but I do not see anywhere in the user stories with direction on how to source this module either... Thanks!

Community Boss

There is a Quota assumptions file given in 5.5.4. 

Contributor

Please answer the below questions for me:

1. I am unable to download the Employee Details.txt file.

When I click on the file it opens in another tab but its not a downloadable version. Am I missing something or is there purpose behind this?

2. Since the Employee Details module is already created and has data do I need to upload only the Sales Role or is this different from the one in the module already?

New Contributor

As far as I remember it will open separate tab with txt file. You can just copy paste and save it in New file.

Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I'm wondering if any rounding issue in calculating the commission forecast in the given answer: 

The result in giving Check you build example for Janel doesn't have the same proportion as the real proportion (as follows)

Capture.PNG

What rouding rules do we need to apply? If I calculate with 34%, 32% and 34%, the figures are still not the same.

Than you, 

Best regards

Frequent Contributor

Hi, 

I am slightly off on the commission forecast (see attached image). I have the below calculation logic for that line item:

Sum the Quartervalue of the Sales Target for the Accounts for the specific Sales Rep * Quarter Apportionment * Yearly Net Commission %

For example Jannell Wetzel has to my understanding 3 Accounts she is responsible for with respective target sales for Q1 FY20: 

Meecandy - 62,747

Cogicandey - 49,102

Voochocolate - 42,121

I sum these together in a Quarterly dimensioned module arriving at 153,970 for Q1 for her. I then select this line item for my first part of the logic for the Commission Forecast by using the QUARTERVALUE. Then the Quarter Apportionment for January for example is 35%, second part of the formula, and lastly I take the Net Commission % from the SYSTEM module not based on time for the sales reps, in her case 8.10% (I took the Commission % times the Attainment % to arrive to this value). This then gives the value in the image, ex. Jan 20 is 4,365. But should be 4,249.

Can someone please point me in the right direction here as I cannot see what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards,

Johan