Ability to disable commenting on a card/grid

As a Page Builder, I shoud have the ability to disable "COMMENT" feature on a card/grid so as to view all the comments for a context at once in Comment section.

Tagged:
14 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @shabbiraa please could you elaborate on your idea so I can better understand? 

Is it that you'd like to disabled commenting for a card so you can view all comments on a page (in this case there being one single thread for the page, instead of per card)? Or would you expect to see all comment threads for a particular context on a page?

Alternatively, is it that you need to see all comments for the children of a parent context in a hierarchical list?

Thanks,
    Emily - Product Manager, Collaboration

• Hi @EmilyJ I am requesting to provide an ability for Page Builder to disable commenting feature from cards on a page. Please find below an example.

If there are 5 cards on a page, i would like to disable commenting ability from 4 cards so all comments are made on 1 card and viewed together in comments panel.

• @EmilyJ As a model builder, i should have ability to disable/hide comment icon from a card/chart/grid on a page. This is to 

1. Avoid users commenting on any card/chart/grid for a given context
    2. View all the comments for a context at one place. This will be a very good solution to ask of many users to view all comments for a context at one place

Hope this helps

• Great idea @shabbiraa.  For our ICM use case, this would be really helpful since Users expect comments will be answered, but if we cannot easily find/manage the comments, they fall into the "void"...

1. Avoid users commenting on any card/chart/grid for a given context
    2. View all the comments for a context at one place. This will be a very good solution to ask of many users to view all comments for a context at one place
  • Thank you for the feedback here. The team is working on a comment summary view in the second half of this year which will allow users to see all conversation threads on a page and their contexts. As for specifically restricting commenting on a particular card, though it's not currently on the roadmap, @JoannaM is the new Product Manager for Collaboration and will be able to bring this in for consideration for a future roadmap.

Thanks,
    Emily

• Hi Team,

Regarding the above idea exchange, wanted to understand if there is something in the roadmap. This has been a constant query from our super users too, and this particular feature of hiding the comment section from individual cards can avoid a lot of confusion. 

@sreekanth.kumar 

Thanks

Akhil

• Hi Akhil,

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Comment summary view will be released next year. This will allow users to see all conversation threads on a page. In terms of restricting commenting on a particular card, we are hoping to improve commenting access control / preferences in the next year, and are currently working on some research projects to further explore the need in this area.

Thanks,

Joanna

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!