Formulas - dimensions month vs years & collect

Hi,

I have a module that shows line items in years and uses the collect() function.

I now need this in months, so have made a copy of this module, changed dimensions to months and there's currently no figures showing. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• @CommunityMember113484 

Use YEARVALUE() function to pull the data from the module using COLLECT().

This will allocate the year value to each corresponding month.

However, it will not phase the year value across months in the year as it will simply assign the year value to each month.

To do this you need to decide how you wish to phase the year value down. 

• Thanks Chris. I think I'm still struggling with the collect() function.
    In the original module (year), the formula states IF X THEN if Y then Collect() ELSE 0. When I drill down to this, it takes me to a new module where the figures are being collected from.

In the new monthly module, the formula is still the same, but when I drill down, it doesn't take me to that original module? I'm left with just 0?
  • @CommunityMember113484 

The monthly module should simply reference the module holding the yearly data.

No IF THEN ELSE just YEARVALUE()

• @CommunityMember113484  My impression is that the current original data from the current original module (the module before the COLLECT() ... they are already at Year level. 

If this is the case, then, this is the issue: Target module is at month level and Source module is at Year level. 

I think you should trace back in your model what is the module where data are at the month level. 

Hope it helps

Alex