Monthly Cumulate

Hi Team, 

Is there a way for me to reset my cumulate on a monthly basis? 

Thanks, 

Elaine

Best Answer

• rob_marshall
    Answer ✓

@elaine.novel 

Not exactly sure what you are attempting to do, but you might look into using the function MonthToDate() which will be much more performant than cumulate.

Rob

Answers

• Hello Elaine,

It is not very clear what is your specific case (what are you cumulating, what is time frame, what is cumulation logic, etc), but I can suggest two things:

1) If you are using native Anaplan formula to Cumulate you should utilise 3rd boolean parameter which you can set on specific period to reset cumulation. Please review formula insights:

https://help.anaplan.com/1173a903-81bb-4838-a4d0-1c9f9c739aa3-CUMULATE

2) If you are using custom cumulation formula, like :

Sales Cumulated = Previous(Sales Cumulated) + Sales

you could try to use Cumulate or would need to enhance current logic it with IF THEN ELSE logic and your target formula would be something like:

Sales Cumulated = iF not (reset period bool) THEN Previous(Sales Cumulated) + Sales ELSE 0

Hope it would help

• Thanks Rob. This one worked. 🙂
  • Hi Nickolay, 

Thank you for taking time to respond. It is a normal reset of cumulate every after the month.. so it was like a 30-day cumulate.. I tried to cumulate with another criteria being the first day of the month and it worked but Rob's suggestion was more efficient. Thank you still. 🙂

Regards, 

Elaine