Change The Units of Line Items
In the UX there is no good option for my client to display a chart with units in billions. The options are as follows:
- Divide our final output line item by 10^9. They don’t want to display it as 3dp which is the required level of detail in other columns.
- Divide our final output line item by 10^3 or 10^6. The interpretation is a confusing way to show a value in billions when referring to the axis, as shown in the image below.
- Leaving units as they are looks messy when they want to show data labels. The value for billions on the axis also shows as a ‘G’ which multiple clients have asked why this isn’t just designated by a 'B'.
Because of the use of data labels, a fairly good option would be the ability to change the font colour of each axis individually, so that I can at least hide the y-axis without losing the column chart labels on the x-axis.
The ideal scenario would be to select the units each line item should be displayed in within the module / on charts.
Changing the axis colours independent of one another would be a great short term fix for this and improve display options in other uses too!0
we was looking for this feature, too. Our expectation would have been to find this option in the settings of a NUX widget, so that we can edit the scale of line items based on the context, in which they are displayed.
I want to add two specifications for this:
- It should be possible to have a negative exponent scaling, too. Like 10 to the power of -1 and so on.
- It should be possible to label the scaling factor with a suffix. Our company is selling energie. So the base unit is "kWh" for cosumption metrics. 1000 kWh should be displayed as "GWh" instead of "Tsd. kWh"
Get Started with Idea Exchange
See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!