Hello, I need to convert this number formatted line item to 04/11/2022. Best approach?
Hi @melliott ,
First you need convert number to text
second you need to break data to day, month, and year
third you need to convert data (day, month, year) to DATE
Here the Blueprint
Regards,
Panji
How does this number come in to Anaplan?If it is imported in you could convert to date during import (assuming it comes with a leading zero, 04112022).
Hi @melliott,
I assume it's always imported as an 8-digit number, with all leading zeros included (so it's unambiguous that i.e. 1112022 is 1/11/2022, and 11/1/2022 would be 11012022). Also in my answer I assume format MMDDYYYY, and I do conversion just on numbers (without converting back and forth to text):
Blueprint:
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…