REQUEST: better visual handling of a DCA controlled Line Item in a Fields Card
- Set a Line Item to a List Format
- Set 'Read Access Driver' on the LI as False
- Set 'Write Access Driver' on the LI as False
- Display this LI on a Field Card
- The Field is not Readable (desired)
- The Field is not Writeable (desired)
- The Field on the Card shows "Find..." (not desirable)
Difficulty with the above, current, behavior: Showing "Find..." implies that the user should be able to Write/Edit this field. But they cannot. This causes confusion.
- Show nothing in the Field when the user does not have "Read' permissions
- Show something that communicates that the user does not have "Read' permissions
NOTE: this same behavior, and suggestion, apply to 'Period' formatted LI.
ALSO NOTE: similar behavior applies to 'Date' formatted LI. The only difference is that the User is presented with "mm/dd/yyyy" instead of "Find...". But with equally confusing results. Same suggestion here.
Get Started with Idea Exchange
See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!