I have to replace CRLF (carriage return / line feed) characteres form a text line item.
How can I use the FIND function or more better the SUBSTITUE function to replace such a CRLF char.
Result = SUBSTITUE(line item to replace, CRLF character, " ")
Bingo - yes this will solve my problem directly 😀
Hi, could you please be more specific? What is not working if using substitute function? That should suit the purpose.
Thanks for your answers, but I want to replace the CRLF character from the text field with a space.
See below in T3 the text is abc abc, where the blank sign between first abc and 2nd abc is the CRLF caharacter.
now with SUBSTITUE function I try to replace the CRLF sign with a blank/space
The CR in the formula should be the CRLF character to replace.
The final result must then be "abc abc"
and not
"abc
abc"
Pardon my ignorance, I see now what you mean by CR LF. Have you tried using trim? This will remove any irregular spaces
I found a workaround:
In "Text with CRLF" I added this text:
In the line item "CRLF" I get the CRLF character with the MID function, which then I can use in the SUBSTITUTE function to replace the CRLF in any other text formatted line item (here in "Text to replace")
The question remains: Is there not an easier way to have the CRLF character as a short cut to use in SUBSTITUE without my workaround?
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…