Insert and delete data in Anaplan
Hi Team ,
I'm trying to insert and delete data into Anaplan using below API.
Is it the right API to insert and delete ?
How can I get the Data's task id ? and how to ensure the insertion and deletion of data in Anaplan
Thanks in advance
Vinoth Kumar K.
For inserting data into the list, your choice of API is correct. But it is just one part of the API, There are a series of APIs you need to run for importing data into the system.
- Upload files.
- Get the import ID and Start the import.
- Monitor each import task using the ID that was returned when you started the import. If you are importing a large file, it might take some time depending on the way in which you import it.
- Check for failures in each import task when the import is complete.
You can refer the link: https://anaplan.docs.apiary.io/#/reference/import
I hope the above information is helpful to you. If you need any clarification, please let me know.
Thanks & Regards
Badam Anjani Prasad
There are two main approaches to managing data in Anaplan via API.
- Bulk API: This requires building and design "actions" in Anaplan as a model builder, and then triggering those actions via API. Read more here: https://help.anaplan.com/93218e5e-00e5-406e-8361-09ab861889a7-Use-the-bulk-APIs
- Transactional API: This allows inserting, exporting, or deleting data in Anaplan without needing to create actions in Anaplan. Read more here: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/How-To/Start-Here-Transactional-APIs-Part-1-The-Basics/ta-p/110120
In both cases, you will need to either understand the data and structure of the model yourself, or work with a model builder/solution architect on your team that does.
Hope the above info helps!2
Hi @Badam ,
Thanks 🙂 Your solution really helped me a lot.
I could able to upload the file and import into anaplan.
I tried out Anaplan connect to export and import data in Bulk via JDBC connectivity.
I get below error , Can you share me some sample scripts for Export and Import data ( JDBC )
Vinoth Kumar K.0
Thanks Ryan , I opted for Bulk API approach.
It was very helpful and I could able to export and import data into Anaplan.
I'm trying out Anaplan Connect with JDBC Connectivity (To import and Export Data). I face below issue. can you guide or share me some sample scripts to import and Export.
Vinoth Kumar K.0