Hi,
I want to calculate the minimum value but exclude all zeros.
I tried previously suggested solutions, but it is still not working. Any ideas?
@ymugeni
Create a line item (List formatted on Client) - Line item 1 -> IF amount = 0 then blank else item(clients)
Line item 2 -> Amount[MIN: Line item 1]
Hope that helps
Misbah
Miz Logix
You need to provide more info on your query. There are a lot of open ends and need more clarity.
However, There is a MIN function that you can use as an aggregation function.
The minimum summary method does not work for me because it brings back zeros, which makes sense. I want the calculation to take into consideration the minimum of the highlighted non-zero numbers only. I tried IF statements, but since it ends with Else 0, I am still getting zeros.
Hi @ymugeni
Here is the implementation of @Misbah 's solution. Using that method you'll have "Infinity" in some cells. I have added two additional line items as solution 2. You can also have a look at those.
Both solutions work fine.
Thanks!
- Shubham
I think you can use optimizer for this. Excluding zeros and getting minimum value.
Thanks,
Manjunath
Thank you so much for your timely solutions @Misbah, @ManjunathKN , and @ShubhamCh . The only issue is getting rid of the infinity, but this is good for now.
@ManjunathKN , can you expand on that? Any pictures or examples you can share?
@ymugeni if above solution helps then very well. You may go through the optimizer lesson, they have explained there.
In the screenshot shared by me, I have added 2 independent line items as a different solution. You can also use that solution. It won't show "Infinity" in the cells. The second line item - solution2 L2 is optional. You want to use it, use it otherwise use solution2 L1's summary (Min).
Ok, will do. Thanks.
Just as a comment to this as other people may view this article. I have used another approach to this in the past. Given you have a scenario where you want to view zero if that is the only entry (or if there are no number entries). But this needs a few more steps: What I have done then is to set up the following function Line items:—————————-Formula Numbers to review.————— (blank or your equation). summery setting MAX Max Value —————————-Numbers to review ← Dim by parent Zero Value? (Boolean).————'numbers to review' = 0 New Number to review.————if zero value? then max value[lookup parent] else numbers to review. Summery -Setting: Min Min Value & avoid Zero. ———'New number to review.' ← Dim by parent This would only generate 0 if all items where 0 else it would return the smallest value <> 0
@ymugeni you can avoid showing "infinity" by adding stage line items that will help indicate to Anaplan what level is the list item is at and what value to use depending on the level (these are using ratio aggregation). Below is the screenshot of the example.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…