User-friendly way to override a formula in a line item allowing to edit the cell
I was wondering if there was a way to make it possible to edit the values of a line item that has a formula.
The most obvious way and that is taught in the Model Builder training is to do an override. To do that you create 3 line items:
- One with the value you want to override with.
- A boolean that indicates which of the values to consider.
- And, finally, another that will display the "final value" - which if the boolean is false is equal to the value of the line item that contains the formula, and if it is true is equal to the value of the new value entered.
However, on the dashboard this solution is not very user friendly so I would like to look for another one that would simply allow the user to change the values in the table presented to him or her.
My model consists of 3 modules and the information flow is as follows:
- Input --> SYS00 --> SYS01
The purpose of the Input model is to allow users to enter new employees or sets of employees (if the number is greater than 1) into the system. It looks like this on the UX page.
The user can fill in more than one line and when the user decides to "save" it runs an action that will add the new employees to a list and import the values entered in the Input to the SYS00. The SYS00 module can be seen in the following image.
The SYS01 module (next figure) allows a view by employee by month, which is the final desired look in the UX page. It displays for each employee (grouping them hierarchically) the "Number" starting from the "Month" previously entered through a formula [IF 'SYS00 Data'.Month <= ITEM(Time) THEN 'SYS00 Data'.Number ELSE 0].
The objective was to allow the user to modify the values of this table, but it is not possible because this line item contains the presented formula.
- I tried to create another module that imports through an action the values from this module and in that case it is then possible to edit the values, but when a new employee is added this module imports again the values from SYS01 eliminating the changes made.
- I also tried to change the "Formula Scope" option in the blueprint view from "All Versions" to "Actual Version" or "Current Version" and so it is possible to edit the line item however the formula functionality stops working and when a new employee is added the months appear all with zeros because the formula is not being used.
Does anyone know how to do this or if this is even possible?
João Nuno Cardoso