Waking up the model with Cloudworks

Hi everyone,

As you know, initializing the model (moving it from disk to memory) can take a while, especially for the larges ones. This can be quite painful for the first users of the day, or for the first one to connect after lunchbreak.

I don't find precise or recent informations about it, so here are my two questions:

1) How much inactivity time do we have before the model has to be reloaded again?

2) Does an automated action (e.g with cloudworks) "wake up" the model? If yes, i could set up an empty action to be launched several time in the day with cloudworks to maintain my model "on" on business hours.

Thank you by advance for your answers,

Best Answers

• axel.frot
    Answer ✓
    Two years ago, after 30 minutes a user was disconnected.
    This user probably needs to reopen the model.
    From a previous test, cloodworks keeps the model open.
    How many minutes does the model take to open?
    Before thinking about a solution of this type, isn't there some upstream work to optimize the model (time ranges, formulas, etc.)?
  • @VillardA @axel.frot

To be clear, a user gets logged out after 30 of inactivity, but a model closes after 60 minutes of activity.

Answers

• Thank you Axel!

It takes around 5 minutes, to open the model. We will look further to find other ways to optimize it.

Have a great day,

• Thank you @rob_marshall! Will be helpful for the configuration of the scheduled process

Have a great day,