Block line items deletion when used in saved views or actions

As a model builder i need to not be able to delete any line item that is present in a saved view and / or used in an action in connected models.

With the growing number of connected models and their imports between models as the connection, any line item deletion, move or renaming can result in breaking the models import and so the connection between the 2 models

This is required as a modelling security feature

18 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @david.savarin ,

I like the idea, a lot, but could I suggest getting a pop up window reminding you that you have saved views or something along the lines? Otherwise, you would have to delete the saved view of every module before deleting the module itself.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

• The logic would be that to remove a line item used in an action, you have to update the actions themselves to remove them from the mapping.

Warning would be of use, but blocking will increase security a lot. Maybe an option at the workspace or tenant level to decide the level of security you d want would be the way

The logic there is that the "connected" part in connected planning should be reliable and not easily broken, so if a line item is in use someplace, then first make sure it s not used anymore, to be able to delete it

• Hello @david.savarin ,

Thank you for your response and clarifying it.

I completely understand where you are coming from and maybe a hybrid approach centrally controlled could be the way forward. Hopefully Anaplan will have a look at the ticket.

Cheers!

Kind regards,

Bruno Rodriguez

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!