Plan IQ - Import Actions

Recently i have been running a lot of IQ models then attempted import them back into Anaplan.

However they often time out after 24 hours and i waste a lot of time. As when i re-run import they work. These are small models which no one else is using.

I am only importing one IQ run at a time into the model so it shouldn't be conflicting with any other runs.

I think something is wrong with the model locking process when importing from plan IQ.

I have raised a Anaplan Case Number: 00491683 @CraigS. Are there any configurations you can provide which make it easier to understand what causes it to time out?

@EvgyK @NitzanP

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

I don't think that the problem is hand is related to imports or model locks and we are looking at this in the Support group.

Specifically to your question - PlanIQ does not do any model locking in general, only when data is imported. So, to get to a problem, two forecast actions need to run import at the exactly same time. We do have additional handling which actually makes sure that we don't run two imports at the same time if same import action is used for both forecast actions. So again, I don't believe this is the case here.

Thanks,

• Legend001
    edited July 2023

I can offer some general suggestions that may help troubleshoot and improve the import process:

Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection throughout the import process. Unstable connections can contribute to timeouts or other issues.

Optimize your IQ model: Review your IQ models and ensure they are optimized for import into Anaplan. Large or complex models may take longer to import, so consider simplifying or breaking them down into smaller models, if possible.

Batch smaller portions: Instead of importing one IQ run at a time, you can try splitting the import into smaller portions. Importing smaller sets of data may help prevent timeouts.

Collaborate with Anaplan support: It's great that you've raised a case with Anaplan support. They will be able to provide you with specific guidance and configurations based on your case details. They have access to the necessary resources and knowledge to help troubleshoot and address the timeout issues.

Remember to provide Anaplan support with all the relevant information about your environment, including the size of your IQ models, system specifications, and any error messages you received during the timeouts. This information will assist them in diagnosing the issue more effectively. YourTexasBenefits Login

I hope these suggestions are helpful, and I wish you a speedy resolution to the timeout problem with your IQ model imports.