issue with inventory modelling

Options

i hope this message finds you well

i would really like to have your insight and troubleshooting skills on the issue i am having with the inventory ordering module the following are the line items and have related screenshots with respect to the problem.

formula of the line items:

IF NOT 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.'1st Week of Timescale?' THEN PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory

'DEM03 Demand Forecast'.Final Forecast

OFFSET(Ending Inventory, Shipping Time Weeks, 0) < 0

OFFSET(Ending Inventory, Shipping Time Weeks, 0) < 0

IF Submit Purchase Order Request? THEN 1 ELSE 0

IF PO Submitted > 0 THEN OFFSET(PO Submitted, Shipping Time Weeks, -1) ELSE 0

'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Supplied By]

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Weeks)'[LOOKUP: Shipping Method, LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product]

IF Confirmed PO Delivery > 0 THEN OFFSET(Suggested Order Amount for the Month, -Shipping Time Weeks, 0) ELSE 0

Beginning Inventory + Confirmed Purchase Order Receipt - Forecast Demand

HALFYEARVALUE('DAT04 Distribution Center Parameters'.Weekly Safety Stock)

IF Ending Inventory < Safety Stock Target THEN 1 ELSE 0

the output is in the following attachment and the module related screenshot as well

thank you

with regards

mohammed

Answers

• Hi Mohammed007,

So As I can see,

In Line Item "Confirmed Purchased Order Receipt" you have used "OFFSET" instead you have to use "POST" so that it will push the value forward for required periods.

So your Formula Will Be: "IF Confirmed PO Delivery > 0 THEN POST(Final Shipment Amount, Final Shipping Time Weeks) ELSE 0".

In Line Item "Beginning Inventory" you have to get the future weeks.

So your Formula Will Be: "IF 'SYS01 Time Settings By Week'.Future Weeks? THEN PREVIOUS(Ending Inventory) ELSE 'DAT01 Beginning Inventory'.Beginning Inventory".

In Line Item "Forecast Demand" you have to use "Initial Demand Forcast" instead of "Final Forecast" as a reference.

In Line Item "Suggested Order Amount for the Month" use MONTHVALUE(Forecast Demand) formula.

In Line Item "Confirmed PO" use "POST(PO Submitted, Final Shipping Time Weeks)".

Have a look on this and apply it in your module. If it solves your issues, you can hit a like or else if it doesn't solve can drop a message again. I will be happy to help you.

Thanks

Deepak Kumar Mohanty

• hello @Deepak5805

where are the final shipping amount and final shipping by week line items

and as for the post, in the module it says to go with the offset function and i am having the same issue with this formula line items

thank you

with regards

mohammed

• Deepak5805
    edited July 2023
    Options

• Hi @mohammed007 @Deepak5805

Give a man a fish, and he will be hungry again tomorrow,

Teach him to catch a fish, and he will be richer all his life.

Getting into a discussion and solving a problem would be a great idea rather then providing everything cooked.

I hope you understand.

~Anand

https://in.linkedin.com/in/anand-shekhawat-35645486

• Hi @anand.shekhawat ,

Thanks for the adivce. I will keep it in mind while commenting next.

Thanks

Deepak