Children under only one parent to be editable

Options

Hi, I have a module with Boolean line item and a list L2 applied as dimension. L1 is the parent of L2 and I want the users to check the bollean in only L2 of same L1 and not of multiple L1s. To be more clear I want the users to edit the child of single parent and not multiple parents. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Answers

• I have questions for this, is L2 a numbered list?

Also, is your requirement similar to this?

Spread the love and humanity

• Hi @ramonito C3 is not a numbered list but can made. So the requirement is when nothing is checked in Submit? All the Items should be editable as in image 1. But as soon as I check the Submit? for item 1 under Parent A. The items under all the other Parents - B,C,D…. should be locked and not editable but the items under A still should be editable. and to unlock items under B or any other parent user should unlock all the child items under A first. So basically, children under only one parent should be editable at a time.

• Oh, OK, you mean something like this?

1. No Selection:

2. Select any from A:

3. Select Any from C:

• @romonito Yes That's correct

• Here is what we did:

1. Create line item number that will assign number 1 if true and 0 if false (Line item 1)
    2. Create a line item number that will show the sum of all Line Item 1 (Line item 2)
    3. Create a line item boolean with Submit? as value but has the summary of Any (Line item 3)
    4. Create a line item boolean to LOOKUP the value (Line Item 3) of the parent and spread it to the children (Line Item 4)
    5. Create a line item for you DCA Write using the created line items above (Line Item 5):

If Line Item2 is zero and Line Item 4 is false then TRUE

If Line Item 2 is not zero and Line Item 4 is false then FALSE

Everything Else is True

6. Use Line item 5 for your DCA

Blueprint:

• @ramonito Thank you! It worked