Unveiling the path to success: Tips for new Certified Master Anaplanners

Options

Author: Wendy Wen is a Certified Master Anaplanner and Senior Director at Globalization Partners.

Greetings, fellow Master Anaplanners and aspirants on this remarkable journey! As a seasoned Certified Master Anaplanner, I've had the privilege of experiencing the transformative power of Anaplan firsthand. Today, I'm delighted to share my insights and lessons learned to guide recently certified Master Anaplanners as you step into the world of Anaplan mastery.

Celebrating your achievement

Let's begin by acknowledging your achievement in reaching the esteemed status of Master Anaplanner. It's not just a title; it's a testament to your dedication and the extraordinary effort you've invested. The journey to mastery is paved with challenges and moments of growth that shape your expertise.

Charting a course for success

Allow me to illuminate the path ahead with my top five tips to enhance your journey as a Master Anaplanner, both within your organizational sphere and across the expansive Anaplan ecosystem.

1. The power of collaboration.
    Collaboration is at the heart of success in any realm, and Anaplan is no exception. Embrace mentorship and collaboration, especially with those who are new to the platform. Consider introducing a comprehensive L1 training for fresh business users — an approach I've found to be remarkably effective. By empowering users with Anaplan's functionalities, we pave the way for insightful feedback and innovative enhancement ideas. Together, we can foster a culture of collaboration, uniting to spread the Anaplan love far and wide.
  2. Advocate Anaplan's value.
    Your mastery extends beyond the technical. Engage in developing a Connected Planning platform within your organization. Showcase how Anaplan can revitalize business processes and elevate decision-making. Becoming an advocate for Anaplan's value cements your role as a driving force for transformation.
  3. Actively participate in the Community.
    Joining the Anaplan Community opens doors to a world of shared expertise. Engage actively in discussions, forums, and events — this is where ideas flourish and knowledge thrives. Immerse yourself in conversations with fellow experts, share your insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and best practices.
  4. Nurture product development.
    Anaplan's greatness is fortified by user input. If challenges arise or innovation beckons, don't hesitate to communicate directly with the Anaplan Product Development team. Your insights contribute to the evolution of a platform that continually adapts to meet user needs.
  5. Become a lifelong learner.
    Anaplan is an ever-evolving realm, and continuous learning is your compass. Stay attuned to the latest features, enhancements, and changes. Attend webinars, immerse yourself in virtual events, and connect with peers at Anaplan user conferences. This commitment to learning keeps your expertise at the forefront of innovation.

Beyond technical proficiency

Remember, the journey to being a Master Anaplanner extends beyond technical prowess. Communication, problem-solving, and collaboration are equally vital. By weaving these traits into your journey, you amplify your impact, not just within your organization but across the wider Anaplan community.

Embrace the path ahead

As you navigate the intriguing path of a Certified Master Anaplanner, consider this journey as a canvas where your expertise and influence converge. I wish you boundless success, insightful collaborations, and a profound impact on the world of Anaplan. Your journey is illuminated, and your potential — limitless. Onward and upward!

With best wishes for your journey,

Wendy Wen