NMX Idea: Highlight Referenced by line items within the same module

Options

As a model builder, I would like to distinguish quickly which line items are referring to the active one.

This will help in situations where there are too many references and it is hard to keep track of them when auditing. It will bring more transparency to data flow analysis.

Also, it can highlight potential circular references before applying a formula.

There are some simple examples below:

1. Then one line item is selected - the line items mentioned in the "Referenced by" against this line item within the same module - may be highlighted like below:

2. Here is the example with two line items highlighted:

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @KirillKuznetsov , in your example you have highlighted 2 "referenced by" line items.

1. If they both are highlighted, how can we distinguish between them?
    2. Since both line items are referring different line items then, how highlighting help u in auditing?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Vamsi

• @Vamsi_Kaki

Thank you for your questions.

1. You don't need to distinguish them. This coloring helps you to identify which line items already refer to the selected LI.
    2. Both line items refer to the Coefficient line item. And since it is the selected one - the other two are highlighted.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!