Version ?

Options

Hi all,

I have a model and i need to Visualise my Company's sales history, Forecast compared to actual.

• input history sales for the year 2022.
  • Calculate Bidget for the year 2024
  • Artual periode : septembre 2023

Is it possible to use versions to achieve this, and if so, how? I haven't worked with versions before, so I'm not familiar with the process. I am using an Anaplan calendar.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Dikshant
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Neyla,

Here is the Sales Variance Report that I've built as per your requirement without using Anaplan versions.

Select Versions from Version A and Version B selectors and Variance will be calculated automatically. Sharing the backend details with screenshot for your reference.

Line Items

Formula

OUT: Sales Report

Combined Sales

'DAT: History Sales'.History Sales + 'DAT: Actual Sales'.Actuals + 'DAT: Plan Sales'.Plan Data

Version A

IF Version Selection Module.Version A = Sales Version.History Sales THEN OFFSET(Combined Sales, -24, 0) ELSE IF Version Selection Module.Version A = Sales Version.Actual Sales THEN OFFSET(Combined Sales, -12, 0) ELSE IF Version Selection Module.Version A = Sales Version.Plan Sales THEN Combined Sales ELSE 0

Version B

IF Version Selection Module.Version B = Sales Version.History Sales THEN OFFSET(Combined Sales, -24, 0) ELSE IF Version Selection Module.Version B = Sales Version.Actual Sales THEN OFFSET(Combined Sales, -12, 0) ELSE IF Version Selection Module.Version B = Sales Version.Plan Sales THEN Combined Sales ELSE 0

Variance

Version A - Version B

Try it out and let me know if you have any questions! 😊

Reason of not using Anaplan Versions:

Answers

• Hi Neyla,

First you will need to prepare your data. It is very strange that you have input module that store historical data and separately all other actuals (why it is not in one place?).

So, I would create a module that will include your historical actuals and "current September" actuals in one place. Secondly, you will need another module with (general list that will have Actuals, Scenario (in your case budget), and all parameters that you are comparing). In the line item formula you will need to reference to that list i.e.: If item ('list with parameters') = 'list with parameters'.Actuals then "pull actuals model" etc. (I attached general idea example in excel)

You aslo might want to use https://help.anaplan.com/compare-data-8f273e26-5b54-4f5b-b75a-e7f2f57d010e if you do adhoc comparisons.