how to pull values from one module to another module with no common dimension?

Options

I have two modules A & B where I want to use values of one line item of module A to be a part of a calculation in module B.

Module A and B have no common dimensions in between them.

Please help.

Answers

• @AbhishekChatterjee14

Does Module A have anything to link to Module B, like an attribute of any kind?

• Module A has these dimensions:
    a list for ^^Region at L3 level-(a hierarchical list), a list for products at L4 level-(a hierarchical list) and subset++ of another list for custom scenario versions.

Module B has these dimensions:
    Region at L2 level-(flat list with some common names of regions in ^^), Growing method of products at L2 level-(a hierarchical list) & that same subset++ of another list for custom scenario versions.

• @AbhishekChatterjee14

Some pictures would help as I am having a hard time understanding what the lists are.

• @AbhishekChatterjee14

Module A dimensions → L3 Region (H), L4 Product (H), Custom Scenario list

Module B dimensions → L2 Region (F), L2 Product (H), Custom Scenario list

If these are the dimensions of the module then you need to either lookup/sum on Region list [I'm assuming L2 Product (H) is just parent of L4 Product (H)]

Now coming to formula → If you have mapping between L3 Region (H) to L2 Region (F) you can use sum with syntax of Sourcemodule.lineitem[Sum:L3 Region(H) - L2 Region (F) Mapping]

If you have mapping between L2 Region (H) to L2 Region (F) you can use lookup/sum with following syntax Sourcemodule.lineitem[lookup:L2 Region(H) - L2 Region (F) Mapping]

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn