User Filter on Context Selector

Options

Hi

I have a page with a context selector on Region.

I also have a module dimensioned by user and Region with a boolean for "Access". I want to apply this to filter the context selector to only show the regions I give access to for a particular user.

I applied the filter to the context selector but when it shows as "Region: No Access" even though I have ticked a boolean for the region for the particular user.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• @kristenr When you mentioned, region per particular user so you're must be using the Selective Access on the list and accordingly you should give access. if you're following the same and still facing issue can you please share your list screenshot for the particular user(You) have access and the ux.

• SriNitya
    Options

@kristenr
    For the scenario you explained
    1.Check the summary method for boolean→ keep Any (if not done)
    2. In target module if your regions are in rows you need to apply filter on rows check once.
    If you have enabled Selective Access to list only specific users can view their respective regions.
    For Access Control Selective Access, DCA methods can be used.

• kristenr
    Options

There is selective access on "Service Forecast File" (region) but in this case the user has "Global" which is Top Level so they have access to all Service Forecast Files.

There is a user dimensioned module where I have given the user has access to Western only.

This is the blueprint:

This is the report I am filtering the context selector by ACC02 module.

But when I publish, the user has no access to Western in the context selector. If I remove the filter they can access all the regions as they have Global top level.

Thank you @jagadishdash and @SriNitya for your help

• SriNitya
    edited April 18
    Options

@kristenr

I understood Service Forecast File is region list, but what about western, ACT etc., is it also a list.
    If western, ACT etc., are also part of region list you can give access to the users in Region read/write in users tab right. In case if user has Global access and he want to view particular Region item data from module he can see the data right if I understand correctly. Please check once if its not the case can you elaborate.
    https://help.anaplan.com/selective-access-f0dd364d-cd04-429e-b788-15c79d8cf698

• jagadishdash
    edited April 18
    Options

Wrt above discussion, @SriNitya Service forecast file is nothing but the list you're seeing ACT, western etc.

@kristenr Got your issues, see in the Access line item you have summary as all. that means only when all check will be there then only your filter access CS will be checked.

if you go to the grid view to manually check also there won't be any check.

So change that summary line item, and also what i'm seeing there's no difference between the two line item. Make the original line(Access) item to Any as summary method and add the same line item to filter.

Hope it helps!

• kristenr
    Options

Hi @jagadishdash - unfortunately that didn't work either. I changed the summary method to Any and it still showed the no-access in the context selector.

• SriNitya
    Options

@ kristenr  In target module if your regions are in rows you need to apply filter on rows, not on context selector check once.
    Access module summary - any( list in rows, line items in columns, users →page selector)

if access for 2-3 regions

my regions on row so I applied on row with current user
    when regions as page selector → it works

• kristenr
    Options

@SriNitya Sorry I’m not sure how that is different to what I have done.

• SriNitya
    edited April 18
    Options

kristenr
    Why are you referring it in another line item any specific reason
    you can directly apply access line item only

• kristenr
    Options

@SriNitya Sorry realise that is confusing. I have now:

And it does still not work.

• SriNitya
    Options

Can you share dimensions of target module where you are applying access filter.

• kristenr
    Options

@SriNitya Its 'Service Forecast File' and 'Resource ID' and Time. There is no selective access on Resource ID.

• @kristenr

Not sure where you're facing issue but it's working fine as below:

As you can see L2-B selected here.

Filtering for the same in page selector and It'll work same in the UX.

• kristenr
    Options

Hi both, I resolved it!

I needed to give users read access to the access module.