Is there a way to change which browser is used by Excel Add-in for SSO authentication?

Options

Using the latest Excel Add-in, it appears this is using an embedded version of Edge browser (version 95.x). Our organization has blocked this browser being used due to the age of the version.

Is there a way to change which browser the Excel Add-in uses for SSO authentication so that it will use either system default browser or specify the Edge browser already installed on the system instead of the embedded version?

Answers

• @Zak_G since MS always tries to sell their ecosystem to us, I guess this is a feature and not a bug…

@VeronicaP do you have any idea how to resolve this?

• Zak_G
    Options

@KirillKuznetsov - thank you for your reply and trying to get some attention to this issue.

I connected with Anaplan support yesterday and found a workaround that works (for now), though it is not ideal. The workaround was to insert a line into the Settings.xml file found in %LocalAppData%\Anaplan\ExcelAddIn\4.4 to enable a feature named "EdgeLegacy" — however I suspect this is a duct tape fix that works for now, but I don't think will be sustainable.

I'd like to see the next update of the Excel Add-in to allow user to specify which browser to use as an option in the Authentication settings rather than solely relying on an embedded browser — hoping this is possible!

• @Zak_G

Great finding. I agree that it is not an ideal solution because if you have many end users within the company's infrastructure - it is not very easy to change these parameters for each of them.

I'd like to see the next update of the Excel Add-in to allow user to specify which browser to use as an option in the Authentication settings rather than solely relying on an embedded browser — hoping this is possible

I would also suggest raising your idea in the Idea Exchange section.