Select Functionality with flat lists?

Options
davargas
edited June 11 in Intelligence

I have data hub model that is comprised of flat lists and modules that build the hierarchy like in L2MB training. I have Module A dimensioned by 4 flat lists (all with hierarchy module builds) including PR3 Product Name. Previously when I had hierarchal lists, I could have a line item in Module B that references a specific list member's data from Module A with formula:

'D01 Slot Forecast'.Slots[Select: 'PR1 Product Lines'.Other]

But with using flat lists, I can't figure out how to get this functionality. I have Module C that maps PR3 to Parent PR2 Product Family and PR1 Product line. I want to have the functionality of Select but with flat lists.

Module A and B are dimensioned the same, Module C is just dimensioned by PR3 Product Name with Line items PR2 and PR1 that have the hierarchal mapping.

Tagged:

Answers

• Dikshant
    Options

What challenge are you facing while using SELECT function with flat lists?

• davargas
    Options

@Dikshant Considering I have flat lists and the syntax for SELECT is Source[SELECT: Target item] with the 'Target item' format being either time period or list. I want to display the total data from the members of PR3 Products that are mapped to their corresponding PR1 parent, which the hierarchy is mapped in a separate module.

Previously when I had hierarchical lists, the formula 'D01 Slot Forecast'.Slots[Select: 'PR1 Product Lines'.Other] worked perfectly fine. But now in using flat lists, the formula does not work. I am trying to figure out how to replicate this functionality with flat lists. Either with SELECT or LOOKUP or even IF THEN ELSE but I can't quite figure it out. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear it.