How to lookup transactional data without having many-dimensioned calculation module?

I have a module that contains ledger data and includes information such as suppliers, produts, departments and ledger mappings as well as the cost/income on a monthly basis.

I want to create a module that end users can input into for their department where they're entering details for their next year's budget. For this, I'm using a numbered list for them to input a line for each supplier's costs with the product it is mapped to and the ledger mapping for that cost.

Depending on their input I would like to show them the previous year's cost for that combination of inputs. I'd like to be able to do this without creating a large calculation module for the ledger data that is dimensioned by all of the information and doing a lookup as the data will be very sparse and space is limited.

Is there another way I can achieve that lookup?

Answers

• Sai_Bharadwaj_Venati
    edited August 8

is there any challenge using Sum on transaction module? generally if you use multiple sum's it should workout

V.Sai Bharadwaj

Connect on LinkedIn

• Can I check how the calculation would work as I think I'm missing something?

Example module outline below:

Module 1 (Transactional Data Load)

Line items:

• Report date
    • Supplier
    • Product
    • Department
    • Ledger mapping
    • Amount

Module 2 (Lookup details with number list):

Dimensioned by Department and Numbered List

Line items (all inputs by user):