August 2024 platform releases

Check out the latest Anaplan feature updates and enhancements in our August 2024 release notes. The information below offers supplemental information to that post.

UX

• Font color conditional formatting
    Page builders can now select font as a style for conditional formatting for any Grids in UX pages, tables in Management Reporting, and variance columns on a table.
    Photo: Video:

• Rich text formatting (for end users)
    End users can now apply rich text formatting to editable text in grids and field cards to add commentary or highlight summaries and key points.
    Photo: Video:
  • Conditional page navigation based on line items
    Conditional navigation action buttons in the UX can now use either list-formatted properties or line items, allowing for additional flexibility and following model building best practices.

• Workflow: Line item driven decision steps
    Configure decisions and approvals to be assigned to users based on a connected line item, allowing model logic to determine who should approve at each stage of the process.

• Workflow: Skippable decisions and approvals
    Decisions and approvals can be optionally skipped if the line item used to define the approvers is blank, adding more flexibility in handling approval steps.

• Workflow: Model role driven decision steps
    Workflow Owners have the flexibility to issue an approval to all users who hold a specified model role, allowing for everyone who holds that role to be notified when approval is required.

Security

• Manage users in Administration
    Tenant Administrators can now disable user assignments from the model's user management tab and allow on User Administrators to create users in the tenant.

Don't miss these upcoming events!

We have several exciting events coming up — opportunities to learn and have a little fun! Check out what's on the calendar and be sure to RSVP. If you are unable to attend live, be sure to sign up anyway as a recording will be sent out after each event (and also posted in Community).

• ACE Spotlight: "Builder Community Challenge" Recap on September 17
  • Charting the Course: Change Management for Anaplan CoE Leaders and Implementers on September 24
  • Modeling tips and tricks: September Challenge recap on October 23
  • Quarterly platform release webinar on October 30
  • Polaris use cases and best practices on November 13

Read more about these events here.

Tagged:

Comments

• Alessio_Pagliano
    edited September 17

I just realized it is now possible to re-order UX pages with drag and drop, essentially bypassing the automatic ordering within a category. Did I miss this new feature ?🤔Not available for "Uncategorized" category

• We noticed the ability to drag and drop pages too. It appears that users, regardless of role or Workspace admin access, can drag and drop pages. This seems like a gap in functionality. Is there a way to handle this?

• Even end users ? I didn't test it….I am assuming they would be able to re-order like "local settings" rather than a centralized re-ordering.

Anyway, I think the vast majority of the implementations got used to prefixing pages based on the process steps. If end users were able to reorder pages without control there could certainly be some confusion/misalignments ? @GingerAnderson, sorry for abusing name dropping 😅 would you be able to help finding the stream manager for this feature and add this on this post ? Unless maybe this is already falling into the September release post ?

• I tested this as a non-WSA end user and do NOT have the ability to drag and drop pages. I wonder if the end users @sthomsen observed this with have Page Builder roles?

• sthomsen
    edited September 17

@nicole.johnson good call. We retested with a true end user and they cannot move pages around. However our client did notice that some pages got reordered after the update and only he would have had the ability to make those changes.

We took away page builder access, WSA, and full access role for one of our model builders and she could still reorder pages with the drag and drop feature

Update: User cleared the cache and re logged in and that fixed the issue.

• @Alessio_Pagliano Tracking down someone to help here, stay tuned!

• @Alessio_Pagliano @sthomsen @nicole.johnson Tagging you to make sure you saw Joanna's comment on this thread. Thanks!