Is it possible to display different line items in one module for different levels of a hierarchical

Hello,
I created a module that has a hierarchical list structured as below:

I added line items to the module such as:
-Revenue
-Lattitude
-Profit
-Count Active
-Count Closed
-Count Open
But it is not important what line items I have, what is important for me is how to make it so that after selecting, for example, an item from the Region level, only Revenue from all line items is displayed, then after selecting an item from the country level, other selected line items. Is it possible in Anaplan.

Here I have a location in the filter and I want to see not all but only selected line items for it, then I choose a higher level for which I would like to see other line items chosen for this level.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Rnilsson
    edited September 24 Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes it's possible you need a few modules to fix this.

You need a Line item subset (liss) of the module you want to change line items on.
    Then you need a hierarchy logic and I would sugest:

I will refere to this item as SYS G3 Level

One Lookup Module - will be a field selector on the ux. You should have the logic:
    Selection - (use as field selector) - format as List: G3
    Hierarchy Level selected = SYS G3 Level[lookup: Selection]

Filter Module based on G3
    Level to show = If Selection Blank then true else hierarchy level selected = SYS G3 Level

Based on the list level. you set up a filter logic
    in a new module dimensioned by the LISS.

That say
    Filter G1- Boolean check the Line items members you want to show on G1
    Filter G2 -
    Filter G3
    Total Filter: if Hierarchy Level selected = 1 then G1 Filter else if ….

Then publish the module with the LISS instead and filter by both the G3 Filter and Liss filter.

Hope this helps

• Rnilsson
    Answer ✓

Hierarchy level (number, formula) = lowest level item -1 . (You dont need this item but instead use your lowest level). Just make sure the numbers in the sys level to show = the numbers of the levels you want to show.

I assume your L1 = 1 And L2 = 2 and L3 = 3. If you have L1 =2 then you can just change the number in sys module to 2, 3, 4 instad. (that is what my Hierarchy level adjusts instead)

Answers

• @Rnilsson Thank you for your answer, but I still need a little help 🙂
    I created exactly the same module as in the link you sent me. I understand that I need to create a module in the next step that will contain two line items: Selection - as field selector - format as List:G3 and second Hierarchy Level selected. I don't need additional dimensions for it? And the next one is Filter Module with line item Level to show and do I need to use G3 as the dimension of this module? Could you describe this second part in a bit more detail? Also i made line item subset for my module I'd like to make change on

My SYS G3 Level

• Sure I built it out for you. You will need these modules. (since you have built the sys L3 module already I will not show that part. (forgot to say this but this is limited to only numeric line items)

This is base module:

I missed one part, you need a "level to show"-list and create a systems module that gives values as follows:

Then use level to show in your sys module:

Then have L3 Filter

And Liss Filter module look like this (manual selection of active line item by picked level):

Then the L3 "output":

• @Rnilsson Thank you very much for so much work, I'm close to solving it. My last question is where did you get the line item hierarchy level in SYSL3?

• I managed to do it, your way works 100%, thank you for your help @Rnilsson