Starting Your Anaplan Training
Getting ready for Anaplan is key to a collaborative and successful project, and our Level 1 Model Building course provides the quick start you need! Level 1 Model Building is comprised of 15 parts and a certification exam that gets your team enabled, empowered and excited about using Anaplan to drive business value.
- Model Builders and end users leave prepared for implementation.
- Project teams learn and understand the Anaplan vocabulary.
- Project teams understand necessary resources for the implementation and can plan accordingly.
- Model Builders learn the fundamentals of building and maintaining an Anaplan model.
Steps to Get Started
Use Single Sign-on to Access the Anaplan Learning Center
Good News! Since you are already logged into your Community account, you also have single sign-on access to the Learning Center. Open a new browser tab and visit https://learning.anaplan.com and our new single sign-on process will work its magic.
Access Your Training
- If you are scheduled for an onsite training, provide your Customer Success team member, or Level 1 Model Building Trainer with the roster of course participants. Make sure to confirm logistics for the training days including times and locations.
- If taking online learning, take the two courses listed below before your Project Kickoff Meeting. When you sign into the Learning Center you will see tiles, just click to start the course.
- We recommend blocking off 2-3 days to complete the full training. It is a best practice to try and do it in as few sittings as possible
101: Foundations (25 minutes)
This course brings new Anaplan users up to speed with the Anaplan platform by giving them an overview of Anaplan, our vocabulary and what Anaplan can do.
- Define what the Anaplan platform is.
- Explain the value of Anaplan to your role and others within your company.
- List Anaplan key terms.
- Navigate Anaplan, including logging in, selecting a model, viewing a UX Page, logging out, and resetting a password.
Level 1 Model Building (20-24 hours)
The Level 1 Model Building training program provides you with not only the how-to's of model building, but also hands-on practice activities that will coach you through building an Anaplan model.
In Level 1 Model Building, you will be working within your own Anaplan workspace to build a model.
Throughout the training, whenever you see Unicorn Candy Company's unicorn icon it indicates activities that you will complete within the model you are building. It is important that you complete the model building tasks as you progress in the training. The tasks are organized in sequence. You will also need to use the model for the Level 1 Model Building exam to complete the program. Tip: It may be helpful to complete this training program with multiple monitors, so you can view the Learning Center on one screen, and access Anaplan on another.
After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Identify the elements of DISCO (Data, Input, System, Calculation, and Output) in a model schema.
- Build a model in Anaplan that includes modules, lists, line items and hierarchies.
- Import data into a model.
- Construct formulas and functions to calculate data and reference modules.
- Build end User Experience that include grids, charts, and lists.
- Set model access levels based on roles.