Hi,
I have a module in which few rows have blank value with changing parameter.
Can i put some formula or any way in which only the rows which are non blank will be displayed irrespective of there changing parameter?
I've only run into a few cases where I couldn't figure out how to do this... Here are some ideas:
If the parameter you are changing is in another line item (or a line item in another module)... then the filtering mechanism to hide/show rows will require a refresh of the dashboard/module in order to update what is being hidden/shown. Usually, we're talking about a module that's been published to a dashboard... in this case, add a button to the dashboard that is an Open Dashboard action (opening the same dashboard). this has the effect of refreshing the dashboard. I usually name this button "Refresh Filters" or something.
Let me know if this helps
Hello,
"If the rows are list items, and the line item is in page items, then the line item can still be filtered for non-zero or non-blank items"
can you specify how to set the filter. It seems it is mandatory to define the filter in every relevant list item used in the module. I conclude it is not possible to set a zero surpress filter which is dynamic to my actual list item selection?
Kind regards,
David Mandl
@dmandl
If I am understanding you correctly, I believe you can get the results you are looking for in the below.
I have created a module with the line items in the Page with a list in the rows. Notice, every other row is blank or zero.
Create a filter within this module or preferrably in another module which is only dimensioned by the List. Also, just to note, I have Time All Periods turned on in my Time settings. Create a line item called Filter with the format being a boolean having following formula: Data[SELECT: TIME.All Periods] <> 0. Set the summary method to ANY.
By removing Time from this line item, the filter will not be hardcoded to a specific Time member. Define the filter as such:
By applying the filter, the data now looks like the following:
Hope this helps,
Rob
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…