Can someone please guide me. I have each SKU and would like to get total count and standard deviation. I can get sum but for 7months of data how can I get total count and standard dev?
Break the standard deviation equation into its parts and solve them bit by bit:
Standard Deviation = Square Root of ( ( each X minus average X) / number of values ).
I prefer to break complex line item formulas into components ... each () is typically a separate line item and they get pulled together into a single simpler formula.
Average X = (sum of X / number of values)
Number of Values = sum of (If In relevant time range? then 1 else 0)
In relevant time range? = boolean time filter
Here is another thread that shows a more elegant way to achieve this in a single line item:
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Best-Practices/STANDARD-DEVIATION
The link to the Anaplan Community provided returns a 404 error for me but Anaplan does have a Descriptive Statistics model that provides insight into how you can perform calculations such as finding the standard deviation. I'm attaching a screenshot for anyone else that stumbles onto this question but doesn't want to download the model
Cheers,
Marc
@mweinzim24
I get the same errror. Time for a new best practice I suppose.
To help answer @danishnoorani1 question and extend @hendersonmj answer, I posted this step-by-step DISCO method to calculate the standard deviation.
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Standard-Deviation-Using-no-timescale-and-without-current-period/m-p/73141#M14752
In this method though I break one of the PLAN tenants. I have a back and forth calculation between the transaction module and the calculation module because the dimensions are the same. But it's pretty straight forward.
Hope it helps.
Thanks @JaredDolich !
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…