Column headers provide the option with "Column Settings" to wrap text, body cells should allow wrapping as well
Fully agree with the original request. I've been asking for cell wrapping for years because our model contains a lot of text, not just numbers. I was advised that the new UX would do text wrapping, and I would be very disappointed to see this downgraded to hover-view.
Relegating this functionality to a tooltip will not solve the underlying issue, so I truly hope that text wrapping is implemented. I fully support the idea that Anaplan should be able to wrap text within cells. Indeed, I think this would appease many current and prospective users who use text or commentary within their models. This would especially assist in creating long vertical dashboards rather than the lease appealing short and wide dashboards.
Is there any update on when wrap-text will be available on the new UX? While hover functionality is adequate when in the Anaplan system, it is not suitable when dashboards are exported to PDF to be used in presentations.
Text in cells will now wrap in a grid in the UX when the row height is increased to accommodate the wrapped text. The row height setting is found in the Grid tab for the Grid card settings.
Thank you @sprender !!
@sprender Increasing the row height across all rows seems like a sloppy solution for Text Wrapping. Imagine I have "Notes" written by someone. across a multitude of dates. Note 1 might be one row, Note 2 might be 5 etc etc. For something that has many rows this has the potential to create excessive scrolling.
@StevenK I agree dynamic sizing of rows based on data would be a more complete solution. However we don’t know all the data when we render the grid if for example there are thousands or millions of rows. So this makes the implementation more complex and possibly jarring as rows resize on scrolling. It could also have performance implications.
Longer term dynamic sizing is where we would want to get to but this solution solves for a lot of use cases and is a big step forward on where we were with no wrap text. I think the term pragmatic or incremental is probably better than sloppy. Thanks for sharing the feedback.
@sprender I think adding more NUX functionality in Row height and better control of view design would be a step in the right direction. I think many of the settings in the NUX continue to be too generic (e.g. Standard, Medium, Large etc.). The above MIGHT fit most use cases but is too generic for some use cases we have and severely limits page builders. I think adding the ability to set column width was a step in the right direction, but also something that existed in the Old UX since the very beginning. I could very well see limitations put in place to control how text wrapping works (your example of millions of rows is a practical one);
Business Problem & Current Limitation Current State: In our current Polaris implementation, the cumulative dimension index across just five core business dimensions has reached 55. The Constraint: With a hard ceiling at 64, this leaves a headroom of only 9 remaining indexes across the entire workspace/model scope. Direct…
Dear all, Some times your system refuses us to log in. It seems it is because the password is no longer valid and has to be renewed. However absolutely no information is given to the user. Therefore he/she tries to connect again and again, until he/she thinks "oh, that should be the password that has expired". This is…
I've come across this need more than once now so I figured I'd post it here for the Anaplan product team! We have a client who utilizes a primary hierarchy for a core list but developed the need to see the lowest level in that primary hierarchy rolling up to an alternate hierarchy of parent list members. In their Polaris…