Boolean Format Options

When boolean is selected as a line item format, there should be an option to have single or multiple selections allowed. Currently, the default is to allow multiple selections. For instance, for single-selection, once one line item has been checked, all of the other line items have a greyed out checkbox that cannot be changed unless the original checkbox has been unchecked.

Tagged:
7 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• I think you might accomplish this using Dynamic Cell Access.

For example, where one of the children (under a parent) is checked TRUE, you could summarize that checkbox to the parent using ANY and, in turn, set another boolean that locks any sibling cells that are set to FALSE.  I haven't done this before, but am confident it would work.  The only hitch is if the user selects the entire FALSE column and clicks the Space Bar... it may trigger all to TRUE before the Dynamic Cell Access kicks in.... potentially allowing the user to bypass the control point.  Notwithstanding, depending on the use case, this basic control may be adequate.  

If you try this, please let me know what happens!

Paul

• Status changed to: New

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!