I have a flat hierarchy, which is used in a module.
A Boolean line item is created in same module, but I want my Boolean field to be enabled only for particular member in the dimension list and disabled for all other members.
Thank you @DavidSmith for your quick response.
Dynamic Cell Access will resolve this
1. Create a module by the dimension and call it Access Driver - dimension name
2. Add two line items, both Boolean formatted called Read? and Write?
3. Make the formula for Read? = NOT Write?
4. Tick the relevant Dimension member for the Write access
5. Then in your target module, in the blueprint, scroll to the right and you will see two columns for Read Access Driver and Write Access Driver
6. Then select the access driver module line items from 2. above
If you don't want the values to appear in the other dimensions, don't set a driver for the Read Access Driver
I would look at the App Hub and download the following if you need for examples for DCA
Dynamic Cell Access - App hub model
Also, look at this article
Dynamic Cell Access - Tips and tricks
I hope this helps
You can use DCA as shown below:
Hi @LipChean_Soh ,
Thanks for your quick response,I have added the Boolean on? in by Flat List as Properties.
Flat List is used in my target module, but in blue print view when I am trying to assign that property in write access Driver(3rd screenshot by you).
I don't see the property Boolean on? from available property drop down, is it anywhere I need to enable this to be viewed.
Create a line item in the same module and refer the list property in it (Boolean Formatted). Use this line item in write access Driver.
To align with current best practices, Access Driver are only available if they are housed in Modules and line items
As I mentioned, and @LipChean_Soh showed, you need to create an Access Driver module to have the Boolean line item that can be used for DCA