Hello,
I'm trying to use month to date formula. It doesn't look like it's working correctly.
cumulative amount should never decrease if i'm adding values month on month.
Thanks
The MONTHTODATE function will reset each month, so I'm guessing the summary options you have set are different for the different line items
If you want the values to cumulate each month and reset at the end of the year, then use YEARTODATE, otherwise use CUMULATE
I hope this helps
David
Hi @hinamahmood1994
The month to date formula has the following constraints:
- Source Time Scale must be Day or Week.- Cannot be used, if model timescale is General Weeks.
Therefore it's best to follow @DavidSmith advice to use the YEARTODATE or CUMULATE functions.
Thanks,
Usman
So it was originally yeartodate. Since it wasn't showing right numbers I changed it. Realised issue was time summary needed to be close balance instead of sum. That fixed the issue.
Thanks for your help! 🙂
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…