Hello Anaplanners - I am trying to add a 2nd column on this module that calculates variance between 2H Budget minus Forecast as you can see in the 2nd pic. 1st pic shows my versions. Every time I attempt to create a new row for this calculation, I get the error that you can see in the 3rd pic. At a past company, I was able to essentially stage the data because our versions module had a "Parent" column. Is there an effective workaround to calculate the a 2nd variance column as I'm trying to do? Many thanks.
Hey - Can you add in single quotes so formula reads instead: forecast - '2h budget'. I don't think it likes you are including numeric values that are not escaped in your formula.
-Jt
@rtriguer
As @jnoone says, sometimes the ' s are needed. so if in doubt, point and click rather than typing in.
Generally anything other than a space (e.g. -, >, number etc.) will need 's.
David
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…