New UX: Ability to enter carriage returns on text fields

This seems pretty basic to request, but I'd like to be able to drop down a line or two in a text field, without having to use another text field (classic does this).  For example, in our classic model, all of our pages have a Single text field below the page's title that include something like this...

PURPOSE: (description of what the page is for, what a user is expected to accomplish on it)

INSTRUCTIONS: (step-by-step instructions to describe the basics of how the page works)

I ask for this feature because the minimum white space on text fields in New UX is enormous, so adding another text box for a single line of text is silly, and takes up a ton space on the page, pushing the data further down the page. The text fields appear to remain large regardless of whether I type a single word in small font. 

16 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: In Review
  • Status changed to: In Review
  • I don't know if this was just a bug that someone fixed, but I noticed that this now appears to be working...I think this idea can be closed

Carriage Returns.PNG

• The question is for a text formatted field card, not a text card.  I have a comments box that needs to have carriage returns.  Even the clunky Classic method of CTRL+ALT+Return doesn't work.  Is there some other keystroke combination to enter a carriage return in a text field card in the new UX?!

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!