Hi, All
I am struggling with retrieving a display name of a numbered list in a Property.
My understanding is that Name(Product) will retrieve #1, #2,,, in my case.
Could you give me some pointers ?
Thanks in advance.
Greg
@gregoryTan ,
As @VIGNESH.M stated, you can reference the Display Name of the Product numbered list. So if the numbered list for Product is Product Flat and if the display name of Product Flat is text, then the formula would be PIC &"_"&'Product Flat'.Display Name[Lookup:Product] as long as Product is list formatted. If it is not a list formatted, you will have to have the Product code accessible (in this list or preferably a module). This is another reason why having codes are so important, especially when using numbered lists.
Rob
Hi Greg,
Pick the Display Name from List Property directly. Don't use Name(Item(Product)), it will return #1,#2.
Regards,
Vignesh M
Just to add some.
I would like to have the column F in the attached file for a display name of this list (concatenate "Product" + "PIC"). But the problem is since "Product" is a numbered list, I cannot have "Product" in TEXT format while I need to convert "Product" into TEXT to concatenate "Product" and "PIC"
HI @gregoryTan,
In this case use lookup and bring in the Display name.
Ex: Product list.Display name[lookup:Product] where Product list is a list and Display Name is a property in that list and Product is the product list formatted property in your destination list.
I hope this helps!
Kavin.
Thank you, Rob. What youve proposed perfectly worked for me.
I recently ran into the same issue and came across this thread looking for a solution. What you proposed worked perfectly for me as well, Rob. Thanks for sharing!
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…