Hi - I am trying to create a graph where it displays the number of items selected by the user. These items are marked through booleans. Is there a way where I can count how many items are selected per category using the booleans?
Thanks!
Hi!
Yes, pretty simple, create another line item called Active Categories formatted by Number and use this formula:
IF Boolean = TRUE THEN 1 ELSE 0
Then use this Active Categories to create your graph
If this is a little confusing, could you please share some screenshots and I can help more!
Regards,
Anirudh
The simplest way will be below.
New Item = if boolean then 1 else 0
And sum this item.
I am afraid that you feel some dissatisfaction with doubling cell counts to get one mere aggregation number.But if I were you, I would do this. A tricky way is sometimes not well understood by others.
I hope this helps,Taichi
@CommunityMember131289
@anirudh and @Amaya are correct.
If you specifically want a category count you can create the line item as @anirudh and @Amaya suggest and also create a system module that allows you to filter on categories so you can get the total count for categories.
Just for thoroughness,
There's a question posed by @anupgade earlier about how to use the YEARVALUE function on Booleans.
If your use case only requires you to know if ANY Booleans are checked you can use this little trick to to refer to the Year value of the Booleans. It won't give you a count but it will give you a TRUE / FALSE on the category.
Hi,
As mentioned by others, you can simply create 2 line items:
1 Bool - Where user will select the product
2 Num - Formula : IF Bool THEN 1 ELSE 0
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Yash
Create a new line item in the module.
Write the below condition.
IF boolean = true then 1 else 0
The summary line item should give you the number of booleans in the Boolean line item.
Thanks
Neel
Hi
Create a new line item in your module.
Below condition, we can apply
Parmod
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…