Parent-level Commenting with Line Items Pulled from One Module to Another
I have a question about parent-level commenting with line items pulled from one module to another. There are line items in module 1, which are pulled into module 2 via subset and transposed into rows. In the screenshot, you’ll see ‘Salaries & Wages’ is the sum of ‘Salaries’, ‘Overtime’, etc. There’s a ‘Key Highlights’ line item in module 2. But with this architecture, ‘Key Highlights’ is editable for ‘Salaries’, ’Overtime, etc., but not ‘Salaries & Wages.’ Any recommendations on how to change this architecture so that the ‘Key Highlights’ line item is editable at all levels in Module 2?
If List A is the parent of List B, then you cannot modify texts for any members in List A in a module which applies List B.
However, do see if the following works:
1. Parent COA is the parent of Child COA.
2. The members created are similar to the ones you created, where 'Salaries & Bonus' and 'Bonus' are members of Parent COA, while the others are members of Child COA.
3. 'Parent COA Comment' module is created, where it applies 'Parent COA'. You can enter comments at Parent COA level.
4. 'Child COA Comment' module is created, where it applies 'Child COA' You can enter comments at Child COA level.
5. Publish both modules in the same dashboard. Activate 'Synchronization' for 'Child COA' in the second module, such that the selection of a Parent COA will show only the relevant Child COA in the second module.
Is this similar to yours?
Getting a comments (editable text line item) at summarized level
Sorry, if I misunderstood your intention.