Quick verification of ongoing model health
My client is asking what checks their maintenance team can do to evaluate model health.
I've come up with this list, am I missing anything?
- Can you log into the model? (verify SSO functions and that the model loads)
- Model load time and responsiveness (request model health report from CSBP)
- Are users active in the model (request user activity report from CSBP or use Tenant Admin reports)
- Has there been a substantial change to model size in GB.
- Add your userid to roles, spot check access to dashboards.
This is a great list!
I'd like to credit some other's posts to help answer your question though.
When I hear a question like this, the two things come to my mind.
1. What are the tenants of a Center of Excellence? This will really help you think about the health of your models based on objective criteria set up by the CoE.
2. What does @kavinkumar have to say in his best practice article?
Start with @kavinkumar heatlh checkllist. Truly a great read. This should help a lot.
Here's some helpful links on center of excellence:
Mostly written by @ChrisWeiss who's brilliant on this topic.
- Building a Center of Excellence
- Introduction to Centers of Excellence
- Selecting Center of Excellence Governance Structures
- Center of Excellence Roles and Responsibilities
- Why Do I Need a Center of Excellence?
- Benefits of Establishing a Center of Excellence