What is the maximum list items, can I add in a list?
Hi @Sravan_Kumar ,
There is a limit for numbered list - 999,999,999. But I haven't seen any such limit for general list.
https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Lists_and_Roll-ups/Numbered_Lists/Numbered_Lists.html
Thanks,
Yash
It is also worth noting that the real maximum is the index number at 999,999,999. If I create a new list and then add one item the index for that item is #1. Then if I delete that item and create a new item the index of my next item is #2. #1 would not be able to be used again until I reset the index.
Therefore if I have 0 items in my list and my next index # available (because the rest have been cleared) is #1000000 then I am not able to add 999,999,999 items as the first 1,000,000 Index numbers have been used.
You can Reset the Index Number manually, but the true maximum number of items you can add to a list at a given time = (999,999,999 - Current Index #)
The other factor here is that a list member is 500 bytes, so there may be a size constraint within your workspace. At 999,999,999 items and 500 Bytes a Piece, that gets to almost 500GB which would not fit within a workspace at this point. You would also want to factor in anywhere that the list was used as a dimension to find the amount of size that the cells are taking as well.
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Calculation-of-modules-amp-Size/m-p/44695?_ga=2.190928297.2035036762.1586793311-1876461626.1579557669#M5300
I hope this helps!
Jason
That's great @Yash1.
I was seeking the limit for general list.
The same applies to general lists. Each item in a list - numbered or not - is assigned an index in this range.
So much detailed, very helpfu.
Thanks @jasonblinn
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…