Help with Profile lookup

Hello.  Stumped here.

We are modeling revenue targets at an annual level (clientA = $1,000,000) for 2021.

We then need to say - when will we sign the contracts for these deals.  I have created an allocation table for this.  In many cases, we will sign a deal in fiscal 2020 for 2021 revenues.  So the timing of the $1,000,000 could be over several months.

We then want to profile the signed revenues over time.  Here is the profile module:

Locke930_0-1594867372942.png

There is a list called "Revenue Profiles" - one of them "From CW to end of year" is selected.  The logic is that when you close the deal, you then want to allocate the revenues from that month to the end of that year.  There are a bunch of these profiles.

There is an assignment module where you select the profile for each month's signed revenue by client:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.51.07 PM.png

I am struggling to get the lookup to get the profile to work; I get this result:

Dimension of mapping used for lookup doesn't match any dimension of the result

But if I use select and point to a specific list item the formula works:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.53.13 PM.png

Here is the blue print of both the profile module and the module I am trying to do the lookup

Profile Module:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.55.49 PM.png

Lookup Module:

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.57.34 PM.png

Answers

• Hi @Locke930 ,

"Selected revenue profile" is on the dimension Coharts - Years, Accounts and Month

"Profile load" is on "months for waterfall" dimension

so Anaplan is unable to get the selected revenue profile, as there is no common dimenstion between these two line items

Thanks

Arun

• What is the formula you tried as the Lookup?

If my understanding of your problem is correct the formula should read: 'Profile - Revenue Timing'.Allocation%[LOOKUP:Selected Revenue Profile]

From what I can see, that should work and not give an error.

Jason