Hi,
Would like to ask if I can lookup a list item which is classify as a parent list? I tried it but it does not work. I got values using lookup if the list classify as child list.
Thank you.
Darlene
Hi DM,
It appears the DIR COA list is a ragged hierarchical list. In the ragged hierarchy, lookup works at the child level, not at the parent/summaries. As an alternate for Lookup use Select function.
Why do you not want to use Select function, Is it a production list?
~Vignesh M
@DMManalili , Could you share some screenshot of what you are trying with an explanation?
I created a staging module to lookup the value.
first, below is the screenshot of the list.
second is the system module for the mapping
third is the calculation module, I used select function because I cannot get the values if I used lookup, but I want to use lookup instead.
hi VM,
Noted for this. I was just thinking if its better to use lookup rather than select but I will use select instead.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…