Different Formats within same Line Item

Options

Consider a P&L view with Line items (Revenue, COGS, Profit etc ) as rows and Line Item Subset (Q4'19, Q4'20, Growth %) as columns.  You want to see quarterly numbers as number (ex: $10.9) but growth rate as % (ex: 5%) but on the same line (say Revenue). Its a fair and common ask. But Anaplan doesn't provide a easy solution yet.

It could be similar to conditional formatting where based on a numerical Line Item, formatting can vary (maybe still remain number through out). 

Tagged:
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• This is a great idea.  I've previously had to create additional module(s) just to satisfy client reporting requirements where I was using a Line Item Subset (LIS) which had a combination of number and % formatted line items.  However, when I created say a collect module with Amount as my only line item, the LIS item which was originally a % formatted line item will only be displayed in the same format as the Amount line item in the collect (target) module.

The way I'm thinking about this is that:

• a secondary list should be able to be be formatted in the same manner as any Line Item;
    • the format selected for a line item would be set as the default format for the line item.
    • if any item on the secondary list has been formatted, then the format in the secondary list item would override the default format of the line item. 
    • The format override would only apply when displaying the line item AND the formatted item(s) in the secondary list.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!