Hi,
I would like to know how I can input the first number that I need my Previous Function to read from. I know I need to add to the formula but not sure what to do. Please advice. Images attached.
Thank you
@neg177
Are you looking for the ability to specify which previous value you would like to pull into a cell?
If so, use the OFFSET function and specify the number of time periods in the past you wish to pull across.
What is that value supposed to be, a zero since I believe it is the first period of your Time Calendar? If so, use Lag() as the last parameter can be used as the default.
Rob
Hi @neg177
If the previous hints won't help please try this.
In my understanding, you want some initial numbers in the very first period of your timescale.
For that, I would use a separate module with no time scale but the rest dimensions are the same. Then edit your formula to have an IF THEN function where you would refer to this new module if a period is the first one.
The formula should be like this:
IF START() = <a new line item with initial period> THEN <new module> ELSE PREVIOUS(Ending RTR Balance)
Kirill
You actually even can combine with the previous answers.
Both OFFSET and LAG function have this last argument "Substitute value".
OFFSET(Value to offset, Number of periods, Substitute value)
LAG(Value to offset, Offset amount, Substitute value [, Non-positive behavior])
You can add <new module> as your substituted value.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…